"Money was maliciously introduced in ancient times as a tool of enslavement" -
Michael Tellinger

"The present belongs to the future and future generations, and all old laws, religious and other, should be abrogated immediately. Free us!" - Vinay Gupta on Twitter

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." - R. Buckminster Fuller

"You find the strangest ways to be positive!" - Diane Duane, Wizards Abroad

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hi Friends

I've written a new "welcome" post so it will be at the top again, after adding a bunch of new stuff here! The more I do here, the more organizational puzzles I run into. But it's still fun...

2 comments:

Meri said...

Wow, Chris!!! This looks great!!!!!!!!!!! If this is an experiment, I can't wait to see when you get "serious." Seriously. The decision about whether to express yourself in a blog or a social network (like a Ning page) is really just a personal decision about how you want to "hostess" the network of people who you hope to connect with in an online space - public or by invitation only.

I'm curious about why you're not just making this public. You're no more idiosyncratic in your expression than most other girl bloggers. If you make yourself public, you can connect with the whole network of "Elderbloggers" as well as women and other groups.... And who knows who you might inspire?!!

Christine Menefee said...

Thanks for the comment, Meri. I think I'm getting over the privacy issue, but my real concern now is that I don't want to go totally public until I'm pretty sure I want to stay in one place, or format, for a while. Also this really is just practicing. I'd like for instance to find a way to post my backlog of book reviews in a better way. It would be nice to have a section for book reviews, a section for movie reviews... maybe I'm being constrained by the old printed way of doing newsletters or organizing books, but maybe that's not a bad thing, to make the blog organized and easy to find one's way around. What I really don't like is the here today-gone tomorrow style, if I'm going to go to all this trouble. So... still experimenting!